Telecommunication is the most important thing in our globe. We communicate through networking system. Networking system is a simple matter, but we don’t understand it. When we call someone your device send a request to the server. Then server processes the request and sends it to the desire device.
To get best networking service, we need to monitor this. Network server monitoring is the use of a system that gradually monitor a computer network for slow and failing report and notify the network administrator via alarm, email, sms and other notify system. It is a part of network management system. Today I will inform you best server monitoring tools. The complete list of server monitoring software.
Top 11 Free Server Monitoring Tools
1. Hyperic HQ
- It’s manages any operating system, web server, app server and database server.
- Supported operating system is Windows, Linux and Mac.
- It is open source software.
- Easy Navigation, beautiful interface, good alert and
- Powerful and high level monitoring function.
- Automatic corrective action.
- Support in Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Can creates reports on trends, availability, alerts, notifications.
- Good web UI design.
3. Zabbix 1.8
- Open source software.
- Well web UI design.
- Dedicated agents and an active user community.
- It does allow users to monitor the availability and performance of web-based services.
- It is not suitable for large network.
- It can automatically map on real time.
- Mobile access.
- Good UI design.
- Group Dependency configuration.
- It’s unable to configure alerts from the web-console.
5. WhatsUp Gold – Gold Premium
- Continuous uninterrupted monitoring.
- Clumsy interface, great feature.
- Various notification systems.
- Detailed and customizable reporting with custom support date ranges.
- Easy step to configure network.
6. ManageEngine OpManager
- Great conversation management.
- Powerful SLA feature.
- Can monitor devices using SNMP, WMI and SSH/Telnet.
- Good admin alert.
- Unconventional UI design.
- Complex configuration.
7. Sciencelogic EM-7
- Built-in dynamic firewall.
- Automated backup system.
- Good UI design and easy navigation.
- Doesn’t support Windows WMI.
- It cannot collect network-flow information’s.
8. GFI Network Server Monitor
- Send automatic alert and correct network and server issues.
- Easy to learn and use.
- Simple configuration interface.
- Web interface is pretty limited by current standards.
9. OpenNMS : OpenNMS 1.6.10
- Automated alarm.
- Offers good support.
- Free license.
- Reasonable support costs via the OpenNMS Group.
- It requires learning and modifying various config files for customization.
- Good interface.
10. Paessler : PRTG Network Monitor Version
- Easy setup and good interface.
- Web interface with the Google maps integrate.
- Monitoring of virtual environments, including VMware, HyperV, Xen and Amazon Cloud Watch.
- Alerts via sms, email and HTTP request.
- monitor distributed systems, including xFlow sensors for monitoring via NetFlow or sFlow.
- Main dashboard completely configurable.
- Monitoring console can easily use.
- Active user community.
- Free for use.
- Easy install and configuration for Windows.
- Good alert system.
- Great UI design.
In this article I try to give information from various network servers monitoring tools. It will be very helpful for IT administrator. There are you can get complete definition about server monitoring. If you don’t understand any of those topics then comment here. So that we can help you.